Tutoring is great way to earn an extra income while doing meaningful work and helping young people achieve their full potential. We recruit tutors from a variety of backgrounds to help K-12 students improve academic performance and develop artistic and creative skills. Tutors undergo a selective assessment process. Once approved, you’ll have the flexibility to tailor your scheduling preferences to your availability, only taking on as many hours/week as you feel you can manage. Tutorama's streamlined interface makes it easy for students/parents to search for tutors by domain expertise or location and message them if interested. Once a tutor selection has been made, sessions can either take place at the student's home or at pre-approved public locations. Our platform takes care of all the logistics of scheduling and payment so you can focus on delivering great-quality tutoring.
- Students of all academic background and at all stages of university (freshman to senior) as well as recent graduates (0-2 years) are eligible
- Applicants need to credibly demonstrate strong technical competence in the subject(s) they wish to teach. In most cases a major that in some way relates to the subject(s) is the best indication
- The following applicants are especially encouraged to apply: Engineering majors / Science majors / English Literature majors / fluent German or French speakers
- We generally look for high achievers and strong academic performers
- Great interpersonal skills and excellent written and spoken English (or German/French if applicable)
- manage your own schedule